[wp-hackers] Plugin Licensing

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Mon Mar 14 21:20:56 UTC 2011

On 3/14/2011 9:21 AM, Christian Gundersson wrote:

 > I'm surprised of how many "quote" the GPL but never seem to > have
 > checked with the source...

I'm not. As a landlord I hear a person or two (even lawyers) quote non-
existent Texas Property codes at least once per month. I only know them
so well because I skim them each time I evict someone. The eviction
Judge in my jurisdiction has misquoted them.

Even people who do read long contracts often unintentionally read into
them things which are simply not there.

I have had several tenants refer me to the lease clause which says it is
okay to play loud music during the day. I don't have any clauses about
playing music in the lease. The word "music" is not in even there.

I have found myself quoting passages or ideas from books only to later
find them mysteriously missing. :)

Face it. Human beings suck at this activity.

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor
Free Market Advocate

I'm not really a smart person. I just play one on the Internet.

Stephenville, TX
http://twitter.com/CharlesClarkson
+1 (254) 968-8328