[wp-hackers] GSOC 2011 Proposal

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Sun Mar 13 20:48:25 UTC 2011

As someone who is "the web department" for a small/medium sized university at http://www.nicholls.edu, I can attest that WordPress currently works decently well as a collaborative CMS. All content management solutions for any type of website are going to have different needs, so a "one size fits all" approach to deployment is unnecessary.

Things that might be useful for a university based website are; Plugins to bridge some of the gaps to learning apps like Moodle or Blackboard, Plugins to strengthen profiles with/like BuddyPress to help university communities communicate, catalog and course management information and stuff that can hook into ugly higher ed management systems like SCT Banner, and training tools for WordPress always help. Heck, GSoC projects that just help to continue the development of tools like WordPress that help guys like me do my job with no budget and no staff helps tremendously.

Peace!
Jess

[  :P  ]  jess planck  -  http://funroe.net