[wp-hackers] Plugin Licensing

Iain Cambridge backie at backie.org
Sat Mar 12 11:09:43 UTC 2011

To be honest asking a bunch of developers about licensing isn't a smart
idea, while at the mention of licenses we all appear to become lawyers this
isn't the case. I personally disagree with WordPress.org statement that any
plugin is a derived from WordPress therefore falls under the GPL license
others agree whole heartly. If you're looking to sell Premium plugins and
are wondering what your options are licensing wise ask a copyright lawyer or
just look at previous discussions.

Iain