[wp-hackers] Plugin Licensing

SWORD Studios info at swordstudios.net
Fri Mar 11 23:45:47 UTC 2011

It's common WP practice that the code that extends WordPress which is
licensed under GPL is in fact also under GPL.

However the css, images, photos, graphics that are created by the developer
can remain under a restricted license.

A great practice for making money off of plugins is to sell support, and and
accept donations. It builds a ton of reputation and you can also sell custom
dev services to expand on the Plugin for specific client needs.