[wp-hackers] wp_remote_request not telling me the 301'd URL

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Mar 11 21:12:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Edward de Leau <e at leau.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the comments, need to do work on it :)
>
> 1)     .....  I DO prefix: see line 1: namespace leau\co\wp_favicons; (!)
>  that is why namespaces have been created :)
>
>  (makes it easy to create the plugins)

Ugh. Using namespaces in PHP is bad mojo. Mostly because PHP defined
them to be as ugly as possible (seriously, backslashes?), but mainly
because PHP versions under 5.3.0 don't support them. WordPress is only
upping the requirement to PHP 5.2, and as you can see from the stats,
85% of people are running 5.2: http://wordpress.org/about/stats/

-Otto