[wp-hackers] Google Summer of Code

Jakub Tyrcha kuba.tyrcha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:29:07 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't know if I'm sending this to the right mailing list, but
according to the WordPress GSoC page I should post here about my plans
for GSoC tasks.

First of all, I would like to ask, is there any priority for GSoC tasks?
Are there any tasks "more important" than the others? Obviously, I don't
want to prepare a detailed submission for a task that won't make it to
GSoC anyway...
I was considering two of them: Full-Throttle Trac Annihilation (I think
that I saw a similiar task a year ago, was it completed by anyone? if
so, what were the evaluation rules? the number of closed tickets? I was
thinking about going for ~50 tickets) and Enhanced Emails. Any
suggestions concerning these two? Also, who would be the mentor for
these two tasks?

I know Google did not announce the accepted orgs yet, but I want to get
involved as soon as possible so either way any response would be very
helpful :)

--
best regards,
Jakub Tyrcha