[wp-hackers] Exceeding upload_max_filesize when imported WP data

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Tue Mar 8 19:06:28 UTC 2011

No matter what I do when trying to upload a wordpress export to be
re-imported I get the same error:

Sorry, there has been an error.
The uploaded file exceeds the <code>upload_max_filesize</code> directive
in <code>php.ini</code>.

I increased that value to 8MB via .htaccess (and WP reflects that next
to the upload box), my file is 2.1MB, and gzipped it's only 300K or so.
I still get exactly the message every time.

Anyone else ever have this problem with the Wordpress importer?

Kevin N.