[wp-hackers] custom post types: order by taxonomy

Barrett Golding bg at hearingvoices.com
Tue Mar 8 16:38:38 UTC 2011

> Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:56:30 -0700
> Anybody know if it's possible to use query_posts or get_posts and
> order
> the results based on a specific taxonomy tied to a post type? The
> Codex
> doesn't indicate that it's possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

this might do what you want:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/list-posts-by-taxonomy-
tag#post-1867259

i recently used a version of above script for an architect friend
wanting to list his custom post-type: Projects
by hierarchical custom taxonomy: Project-Types
(ie, Commercial: Office / Retail, Edu: K-12 / University, etc.):
http://commaq.com/project-types/

bg
--
<http://HearingVoices.com/>