[wp-hackers] Plug-in Repository Structure

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Wed Mar 2 23:14:22 UTC 2011

I want to confirm something before I go off and do it ...

A while ago, I remember someone telling me that the only file you needed in
the /trunk directory for a plug-in was readme.txt and that it needed to
point to the appropriate sub-directory for the latest version in /tags.

So ...

my-cool-plugin/

/trunk/

readme.txt

/branches/

 /tags/

/1.0/

readme.txt
my-cool-plugin.php

/2.0/

readme.txt
my-cool-plugin.php
some-other-file.php

Is this an accurate description?  Or should the /trunk directory also
contain the latest stable version in addition to the appropriate version
folder in /tags?