[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

Baki Goxhaj banago at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:14:58 UTC 2011

@Otto

> Humans care about dates. Leaving a date identifier (like the year) out of
> the URL is actually de-optimizing the site for humans.

That's completely true. However, there are exceptions. I use %postname% at
my proverbs site here: proverbhunter.com because using date based url would
make it really awkward as the content is organised on other bases. But,
since I'm using only one page on the system, I hope that is not a big deal,
as you mentioned earlier.

Kindly,

Baki Goxhaj
www.wplancer.com | proverbhunter.com | www.banago.info<http://proverbhunter.com>