[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

Alexander Concha alex at buayacorp.com
Tue Jun 14 19:06:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Alexander Concha wrote:
>> My previous comment was for urls where you also have the ID as an
>> additional parameter, the autocomplete feature (at least in chrome and
>> firefox) works just fine with "http://blabla/post_id/post_name" or
>> "http://blabla/post_name". I though it was already implied...
>
> It doesn't work just fine if the user can't remember what the post_id is.  Again, design for users first.

Why does the user need to remember the post_id ? The autocomplete
feature works if you write only the relevant part (in this case the
post_name) in both cases.
By applying your reasoning, the users would need to remember the exact
url (including the http protocol, the domain name, the port if any,
etc) they already visited.
If you have any studies to backup your claims or that proves me
completely wrong, please share. I am interested.
--
Alexander Concha
http://www.buayacorp.com