[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

Claude Needham gxxaxx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:09:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM, David Law
<wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:39:56 -0300, you wrote:
>
> If you have a site with a lot of static pages (so not posts) it can
> cause a performance issue.
> In my expereince if you have a site with few static pages and use the
>
> /title-of-post
>
> which is
>
> /%postname%
>
> the permormance hit is minimal. This is the best SEO permalink
> setting.
>
> If you have a lot of static pages and are concerned at performance
> (maybe a cheap hosting account so worried about resources) use
>
> /id-title-of-post
>
> which is
>
> /%post_id%-%postname%

What is "a lot" and "a few"?
10s 100s 1000s or 10,000s

If it's an obvious question, forgive my newbish-ness.

Would be nice to know when I need to start worrying about the
folks, I'd like to keep it out. But performance is very important to
me.

Regards,
Claude Needham