[wp-hackers] Grandchild themes

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Jun 8 18:18:25 UTC 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:
> Given that none of these are frameworks in the true programming sense, I'm
> quite happy with that there's no formal standardization of that word in this
> community.

Exactly as Nacin said.  The term "framework" has come to be used to describe so many things in the context of WordPress that the word is nothing more than "Marketecture" at this point.  Using the word now to describe anything related to WordPress is more likely to cause confusion than anything else.  FWIW.

-Mike