[wp-hackers] Grandchild themes

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:40:10 UTC 2011

I can't speak for other companies, but we at StudioPress rarely update child
themes, and never really recommend you "upgrade" them. Genesis is the
framework, and you're never supposed to edit that. But child themes are
meant to be edited. Usually, child themes are very simple, mostly just CSS
tweaks, and the registration of a few widget areas, etc. There are
exceptions, and we're working on a solution for those, but for the most
part, you're safe just editing the child theme directly.

Nathan Rice
WordPress and Web Development
www.nathanrice.net | twitter.com/nathanrice