[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Jun 6 13:50:18 UTC 2011

On 6 June 2011 22:46, John Black <immanence7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see there are some plugins to handle 301 redirects. But these tend to be
> for a handful of files, not 50,000. Any thoughts on how this would managed?

I'd be storing a meta of their original file location when inserting them,
That way you can add a filter later to the 404/canonical handlers to check
the url against the meta fields to find the old document, and issue the 301.
Or, you could store the meta, retrieve it later to create a massive redirect
list, and feed that into .htaccess or similar.