[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Mon Jun 6 12:38:03 UTC 2011

On 6/6/2011 6:32 AM, John Black wrote:
> On 6 Jun 2011, at 14:21, Alexander Concha wrote:
> You're probably right, but sadly the people I want to help are totally broke. In fact, revamping their web presence is part of my effort to save them from looming bankruptcy.
>
> As for me, I never make it to the end of the month without being skint. It sucks. I'm not being paid to try to make this port. Maybe I'd get a thank you dinner out of it.
Just to inject a counter argument here.. From what I've read, you're
looking at a very large project that, because all the pages are
inconsistent, would be difficult for skilled developers to complete
successfully, on time and under a reasonable budget.

Your final end result - if you were able to complete the project
successfully - would be a web site that produces the exact same results,
except for being served by WordPress.

Before making such a heroic effort, I would ask myself if there aren't
better ways my time could be spent to help save the company from
bankruptcy... The problem with such a large project, is that if it is
only partially completed, the results are probably worthless.  Other
solutions may produce immediate tangible benefits.

--
Brian Layman