[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:26:38 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 15:04, Alex Andrews wrote:

> You could pretty easily do the stuff with the includes intelligently
> by getting the script to open up those files, read them then insert a
> featured image. Everything is easy if you write it yourself - PHP
> isn't that hard as languages go.
>
> Alex

I appreciate the encouragement!

A question on the inserted featured image: Would that actually copy the image to the Wordpress install, or would the image be a path reference to the original file in the HTML archive folder?

Obviously at the end I hope to take the entire HTML archive, zip it, encrypt it, put it on a USB flash and bury it in the desert.

One other factor is that so far as the images go, there is no regular size or resolution. Also, some of the child pages contain more than one image, so I don't know how that would be handled when featured image tends to be singular.

best,
JB