[wp-hackers] I'm interested in a good book

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:30:45 UTC 2011

I agree with Josh that most books will be out-of-date, but IMHO the
Codex also lags behind development, so I would like to suggest to use
the WordPress source code in combination with a tool such as phpxref[1]

[1] http://phpxref.sourceforge.net/

ps: I you want to develop plugins and to a lesser extent themes you'll
need at least a basic understanding of PHP (and html/javascript) and the
ability to write it from scratch. It probably wouldn't hurt to have some
experience with database such as MySQL as well.

grtz
BjornW