[wp-hackers] What's the best solution to develop a website in sandbox?

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Sat Jul 16 15:56:47 UTC 2011

I know it can seem hard, so I even quickly threw my WordPress single sub-directory to WordPress multisite cheat sheet out there. You can strip out about half of it, but it's really not as hard as it appears. I know there are folks working on solutions either in plugin or script form.

http://funroe.net/blog/2011/07/incomplete-cheat-sheet-for-moving-a-single-wordpress-site-to-a-wordpress-multisite/

The URL is one of the best name-spaces out there. It's supposed to be a unique address on the internet, so finding and changing it is pretty easy. If WordPress has all the proper filters in the right places it should be as easy as pie either in a plugin or like my convoluted step-by-step.

Jess