[wp-hackers] Porn links in google cache

Justin W Hall justin at justinwhall.com
Fri Jul 15 16:56:10 UTC 2011

New information has come to light. At first, All things pointed to the
Pharma Attack. I scanned the site, found many of the "base64"
functions, eval and common strings associated with the problem. As I
started cleaning things up, I realized that many of the potentially
new malicious files and potentially compromised files had not been
modified since I had installed WP and the theme it self... Hmmmmmmm,
something doesn't add up here. I started sniffing around for other
potential problems.

As it turns out my client had downloaded his theme from the following
source for FREE.

http://themecrunch.blogspot.com/2011/05/kaboodle.html

This theme is a Woo network theme and once I was made aware that it
was downloaded for free I became very suspect. I went over to woo
themes and as I suspected it is NOT free.

http://www.woothemes.com/2011/04/kaboodle/

I do plan on purchasing the legitimate theme from Woo Themes and
comparing.
In the mean time my question... Are rogue / spammy themes common?