[wp-hackers] Advice on providing plugin support

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Fri Jul 15 15:04:14 UTC 2011

Yes yes, I'm aware of the wp.org support forums. All my public plugins are hosted at wordpress.org. But all that does is give the user a listing of topics related to that plugin. There is still no way to allow the user to run a secondary search for a topic within that plugin listing. Only the title/subject is display.

For example one of my plugin, Media-Tags, have the forum listing http://wordpress.org/tags/media-tags?forum_id=10 I know of at least 3 different topics related to using my plugin with the eShop plugin. But how can a user looking for support of the plugin related specifically to eShop filter the listing? The global search in the top right of the page is for all of wordpress.org.