[wp-hackers] Porn links in google cache

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Jul 14 16:38:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 17:21, Justin W Hall <justin at justinwhall.com> wrote:

> Great. Hard enough explaining to my client this isn't really my fault once.
> I'm sure two or three times down the road it's not going to get much better.
> The SEO hit is what's really going to be hard pull to swallow.

You need to make the site secure, and absolutely clean up properly.

If you can't make the site secure because of the hosting -- move hosting.

If you cannot guarantee to have cleaned up, pay an expert to do it for you.
It's probably a better use of your time and money if you don't have the
skills yourself.

It is possible to have a secure site, with an up-to-date WordPress, good
plugins, themes, and the right measures in place.

I host more than 70 sites, some for more than 8 years. Some are big targets.
None have ever been compromised.

Mike
--
Mike Little