[wp-hackers] Term Meta - Trac'd already?

Erick Hitter ehitter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:01:10 UTC 2011

I think term meta is one of the key features missing from WordPress.

I've run into various situations, a number of which are hosted on WordPress
VIP, where clients would like to associate different information with a
taxonomy term (SEO meta data for categories, for example). We often will
hijack the term description field, storing in it a serialized array of "term
meta" since VIP doesn't permit custom tables.

It would be great if we could finally have this capability built in. It,
conceivably, shouldn't that much more complicated to associate meta data
with a specific term in a given taxonomy.

Erick