[wp-hackers] How to save screen_layout() data for custom settings pages?

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 13 18:04:28 UTC 2011

I built a Theme Settings page via the Settings API and managed to add the
"screen_layout" tab (right next to the "help" tab in the upper right corner)
and customize its content. After inspecting global $current_user, I found
that $current_user saves stuff like $current_user->screen_layout_{$screen}
for posts, pages and custom post/content types, but nothing for custom
Settings pages. I inspected core, but couldn't get around what is
responsible for saving the screen_layout. Any help would be highly
appreciated. Thanks! K.