[wp-hackers] 3.3 brainstorm ideas from WordPress DC

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Wed Jul 13 15:45:35 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 11:36 AM, Chip Bennett wrote:
> Pulling the Theme-related brainstorm items up from the list:
>
>     -   Certification process for 3rd party themes, kinda already done
>     -   Themes should have a requirement for better documentation, user
>     -   documentation
>     -   Seperate template themes
>     -   Coding standards for themes
>     -   Review old themes, mark unreviewed themes already accepted
>
> If I may, could I request that, if anyone has ideas for
> standards/best-practices/guidelines/etc. for Themes, that such discussion
> include the theme-reviewers email list?
> [or]
> If not the theme-reviewers mail list, then I would recommend
> make.wordpress.org/themes.
>
> And if not there, just let us know where the discussion will take place, so
> that we can do our part to ensure that the Theme Review team and the Theme
> developer community are as involved as possible.
>
> Chip
These items are not 3.3 feature requests, so I wouldn't expect them to
be decided somewhere other than

make.wordpress.org/themes. That said, I would like to figure out a way to get the theme review team working closer with core team instead of it feeling siloed like it does now. Maybe we could set up an IRC chat to brainstorm ideas?