[wp-hackers] Need testers for verbose_page_rules

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jul 12 18:58:55 UTC 2011

I just put a patch on http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16687
yesterday that should make verbose page rules less painful. However,
testing the patch is tricky, as I lack a site with a lot of pages and
which wants to use the %postname% or %category%/%postname% rule.

If anybody has such a site and knows how to performance test and such,
it would be handy if you could work with this patch* and see how it
improves things. I think there's still room for improvement by
modifying it to not use get_page_by_path and instead to create a new
function which both get_page_by_path and this code would use to check
if a page exists, sort of thing. But to know if it helps, I'd need
before and after type numbers of some sort.

-Otto

*http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/16687/no_verbose_ver1.diff