[wp-hackers] site sections, distinct theme per section

Brent Logan gbrentlogan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 06:06:09 UTC 2011

You can use the body tag's class as a selector in your theme(s). The class
changes depending on where in the blog your are. I've used this technique to
style the links for a single post differently than the rest of my blog. See:

http://blogan.net/blog/2007/10/15/pink-for-liz-colligan/

Obviously, you could use the body class in your CSS selector to make much
more substantial styling changes.

-Brent

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM, John Black <immanence7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've searched for an answer and didn't find anything. Not even a premium
> plugin exists, to my knowledge.
>
> Is there any way to do the following:
>
> Have multiple sections within a single WordPress installation (or domain)
> that each call up a distinct theme?
>
> For example: Maybe I'd like to use one theme for the opening pages; use a
> second theme for a dedicated e-store; a third theme for a dedicated video
> store; or another theme for a ticket / help section.
>
> These are just examples.
>
> I know that much can be done with single post templates, but this is not
> what I'm talking about. I'd really like to be able to use more than one
> theme on my domain.
>
> (p.s., I know subdomains would be a way, possibly, of doing this. But it
> seems an awful hassle, to have several installations running, several
> databases, etc, and I'm sure there would be issues later, not least,
> perhaps, with SEO).
>
> ANY IDEAS??
>
> thanks,
> JB