[wp-hackers] site sections, distinct theme per section

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 05:29:02 UTC 2011

I've searched for an answer and didn't find anything. Not even a premium plugin exists, to my knowledge.

Is there any way to do the following:

Have multiple sections within a single WordPress installation (or domain) that each call up a distinct theme?

For example: Maybe I'd like to use one theme for the opening pages; use a second theme for a dedicated e-store; a third theme for a dedicated video store; or another theme for a ticket / help section.

These are just examples.

I know that much can be done with single post templates, but this is not what I'm talking about. I'd really like to be able to use more than one theme on my domain.

(p.s., I know subdomains would be a way, possibly, of doing this. But it seems an awful hassle, to have several installations running, several databases, etc, and I'm sure there would be issues later, not least, perhaps, with SEO).

ANY IDEAS??

thanks,
JB