[wp-hackers] first time SVN user, first time adding plugin to directory

Andy Charrington andycharrington at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:10:26 UTC 2011

OK so what ive done is update the trunk to reflect a new 0.3 version.

I have then copied the trunk files in to the 0.3 tags folder.

I then commit.

However subfolders within the 0.3 tags folder arent committing... any ideas
why?

thank you

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Andy Charrington-Wilden <
andycharrington at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. That sounds like sound advice.
>
> In my efforts yesterday I created 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3 folders each trying to
> get it right. Which I obviously failed in.
>
> So is what I should do update the 0.3 tag folder and the trunk folder to be
> correct in terms of plugin header and stable tag in readme. Then commit
> that. Or should I start a new 0.4?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 7 Jul 2011, at 14:22, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Andy Charrington-Wilden
> > <andycharrington at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> That's what I've been missing!

> >> That's what confusing me.
> >>
> >> I remember someone saying I shouldnt do that and that's what threw me.
> >>
> >> So! Without doing anything stupid and after stopping, sitting and
> thinking here is what I believe I should be doing. Please correct me if I am
> wrong-
> >>
> >> Create a local folder on my Mac and using scplugin checkout my repo to
> there.
> >>
> >> I am then going to delete everything in the tags folder and the trunk
> folder.
> >
> > You can't actually "delete" things. You've already committed them.
> > Commit means *commit*. In order to delete something, you have to a)
> > delete it and then b) commit the fact of that deletion.
> >
> > So don't try to delete everything and start over. Try to *fix* it
> > instead. Make the files correct and in the correct places. Work with
> > what you have and correct the mistakes. That will be much simpler to
> > do.
> >
> > -Otto

Jealous Designs
Website:  <http://jealousdesigns.co.uk/>jealousdesigns.co.uk
Portfolio:  <http://jealousdesigns.co.uk/portfolio>
jealousdesigns.co.uk/portfolio
Phone: 07903030008
Twitter: _a_n_d_y
Skype: andycharrington

Web design | Web development | WordPress | Flash | Posters, business cards
and flyers | Bespoke online tools | PHP | MySQL | (X)HTML | CSS | Javascript