[wp-hackers] Plugin guru please?

Foolish Visions shelly at foolishvisions.com
Fri Jan 28 20:54:17 UTC 2011

Just in case anyone is on both lists, I just posted this request to the WP Testers list, and was told a better place for my question would be here :)

So I've written a doozy of a plugin for WordPress that I've tested in WP 3.1RC2 (and 3.0) and I think I'm ready to put it in the plugin repository. I've tested and checked and coded for quite some time, and as it usually goes, it would be nice to have another set of eyes to look at it before I make it official.

I basically want to be sure I've gotten rid of all the deprecated code (I started writing it a long time ago, and just started fixing it up again) and that it's secure enough that I don't have to worry about having opened up some kind of exploit somewhere.  I don't *think* I have - but again - another set of eyes ;)

I'd just like to be clear that this is a FREE plugin I will be putting in the respository - I am, in no way, asking for someone to do free work for something I plan to charge for. I just don't want to put something in there and discover I suck and never should have done it. (This is the most advanced thing I've ever done, myself, and I just want to be sure it's a *good* thing.)

Rather than flood the whole list with a bunch of spammy "I'll do it!" requests, I'll ask kindly that you e-mail me offlist - I swear I will not add you to any mailing lists.

Thanks so much to anyone who's willing to help out - I really appreciate it :)

~Shelly