[wp-hackers] Custom WordPress plugin server

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Wed Jan 26 15:33:23 UTC 2011

A few months back, there was a writeup about how to create a plugin server for premium WP plugins. Can anybody share a link to the article for me? I remember reading it but can't find it now.

What I need to do is setup a plugin update server to co-exist with the built in WP plugin update checker but for proprietary plugins, these are installed on our network (100+ blogs) but not on WordPress.org. Mostly they're plugins that auto correct spelling of internal trademarks etc for our bloggers and not of general interest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Ross