[wp-hackers] Accessing custom post types and taxonomies across sites on a network

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Mon Jan 24 22:21:34 UTC 2011

I would use a custom sql query on wp_1_posts to search for the post_type in
question, and/or taxonomy table that directly queries the wp_# blog that has
all the info on it, instead of trying to reinvent any unnecessary overhead

You can do that in your with your shortcode code, wouldn't need to
switch_blogs since all the data is in the database anyways, would need to
write your own sql query lines though that hits the table for the blog that
has all the info in it though but thats it.

It also means that the editing of the information sticks with whatever blog
has the custom post types in it and any url redirects need to hit the blog
as well that has it defined.

But, totally doable.