[wp-hackers] profiles for authors with no posts

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Jan 21 18:51:30 UTC 2011

I just add the other post types to the pre_get_posts filter $wp_query->set
with a conditional for those pages

the if (is_author()) will denote that it's an author page

  add_filter('pre_get_posts', 'mytheme_add_post_type_to_query');

  function 'mytheme_add_post_type_to_query($query) {
   if ($query->is_author) {
    $query->set('post_type', array('post',
'customposttype','customposttype'));
   }
   return $query;
  }

writing this from memory so not sure if it will work, but maybe it's a lead
in for you to look into