[wp-hackers] Wordpress in Multiple Environments

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Jan 17 06:16:43 UTC 2011

On Jan 17, 2011, at 1:00 AM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
> Output buffering, Production siteurl, and a few filters on site_url and
> friends is the "standard" way of achieving it from the better setups I've
> seen recently. Unfortunately, I dont have any code handy or anyone to direct
> you to right now for it, but i've seen it done very well a few times, As
> long as you understand how WordPress outputs content, and stores it in the
> database, everything works sweet.

I'd be interested in seeing those solutions to see if I could learn something from it. Please let us know if you dig something up.

OTOH, this solution approaches from another direction and has been working extremely well for me:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/119/#182

In addition it handles managing all webhost/domain-specific data such as file upload directories, Google Maps API keys, Google Analytics IDs, and anything else that's different depending on where it is deployed.  FWIW.

-Mike