[wp-hackers] XML-based display and spoofing multisite

Aaron Jorbin aaron at jorb.in
Sat Jan 15 22:48:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM, William Davis <will.davis at gmail.com> wrote:

> ..pretty much generating an xml file of everything in order to reduce
> strain on the database. It would be great for organizations that want to
> offer a robust API to others and/or have lots of delivery systems, such as
> different versions of the site, mobile, tablet apps, etc. What are
> everyone's thoughts on this sort of delivery system? I'm not advocating
> WordPress should adopt it, but I'm sure a plugin could be built to offer the
> functionality.

You're going to have a much faster experience using a memory cache ( apc
and  memcached are the two examples) then a file cache.
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/09/cache-performance-comparison/has
some comparison data. As with all benchmarks, ymmv.

http://aaron.jorb.in
twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin