[wp-hackers] Single Category Store across Sites on Multisite?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Jan 11 17:17:06 UTC 2011

"Global Terms" existed within WordPress MU, which basically did what you're
suggesting..
As of WordPress 3.0, it's disabled by default, but can be enabled.. It's not
the best for performance reasons however.
See http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags/ as an
example of a MU plugin which enables it