[wp-hackers] post format types

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 02:59:06 UTC 2011

Why not simply making a plugin for "audio" (who likes sitting in front
of a screen ... listening?) and "chat" (what are you posting in there?
you irc chats or your textmessage chat with your girlfriend?)* and see
how much attention that gets? I'd prefer to keep the number of post
formats as low as possible (offering maybe core plugins for
extensions). From a theme designers point of view, this is going to
become a whole load of work (and some new admin panels).

* I don't use Tumblr and really only know the name. Are the currently
registered post format taxonomies the exact same as those from Tumblr?