[wp-hackers] Show unapproved comments on custom post type for some users

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:10:55 UTC 2011

Ok so a little background here, I am working on a plugin that registers a
custom post type.  II am using comments with the custom post type and
specifically I am using the "unapproved" designation for comments that I
want to show to a select group of users, say those with the edit_posts
capability.  Now I want to do this in a way that works with any theme.  I
have found a way, modifying the comments.php template, to show unapproved
comments.  What I am looking for is a way to use custom coding for the
active themes comments.php for my custom post type within my plugin, so use
is as simple and installing and activating the plugin.  Is there a way I can
do this?