[wp-hackers] post format types

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Jan 6 20:13:53 UTC 2011

Author is just a reference of a type, there should be registerable post
format types and functional abilities to make it easy for designer to create
functionality for their theme.  Whether it's author, comic, education,
random thought, the ability to change the post format of the look of the
post should be up to the disgression of the theme designer themself, not
confined to a specific set.

If the post format doesn't exist in other themes, it uses a fallback to the
standard, not a big deal.   The general interpretation of this methodology
is akin to using attachment.php which I get, but it's practically useless in
creating themes that could use its functionality for anything specific.   So
instead of people using this "feature" we have to write our own code
anyways.   That makes this code near pointless beyond its defined
parameters.  Which again, i'm not saying is bad, its just confined to it's
specific implementation and nothing else.