[wp-hackers] Bug with is_404() in WP 3.0.4?

Frank Helmschrott fhelmschrott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 07:38:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

i'm trying to get my 404 pages handled smart and get them redirected
to the post possibly still existing after a permalink change. I've
tried 'change permalink helper' from Frank Bültge which already worked
and i've also tried 'Smart 404' plugin.

Both of the don't work in two blogs i've tested (also on a completely
naked one). Both work with the is_404() function to hook into
wordpress and query the database for posts. Both already worked with
at least 3.0.1 - is there any significant change in 3.0.4 you guys
know of and that could break this up?

I've got tons of traffic on error pages now.

Thanks!

--
Frank