[wp-hackers] Security state

Gabriel Reguly wordpress at ppgr.com.br
Sat Feb 26 14:19:48 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

The following question made me think

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Steve Taylor<steve at sltaylor.co.uk>  wrote:

> >  A quick check - does 3.1 include any security fixes, or is it just new
> >  features and bugfixes? I can't see any mention of security fixes, but
> >  I want to be double-sure that my 3.0.5 sites are OK for now.

And then Nancin stated that 3.0.5 is secure

One of our security fixes in 3.0.5 was a bit overzealous. That aspect fixed
in 3.1. Otherwise, while there may be some security*enhancements*  in 3.1,
version 3.0.5 is secure at this time.

So it makes me wonder, is there any URL for checking this, perhaps,
http://status.wordpress.org ?
Would be nice to know for sure when one really needs to upgrade.

Regards,
Gabriel

Thanks,
Gabriel