[wp-hackers] WordPress.org API

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Wed Feb 23 17:11:34 UTC 2011

Now that 3.1 is out, there are two things I'd like to address:

1) All of the core devs deserve a vacation.  Seriously.  Take a day or two
off and don't look at a computer.
2) Is there any chance we can get some documentation for the WordPress.org
API?  I'd like to poke at it a bit for plug-in stats, but without knowing
what parameters to send and what will be received, my only option would be
to hack away and guess.  I'd rather not take that route, since I'm sure *
someone* knows how the API works.  But a generic GET of
http://api.wordpress.org returns "Documentation coming soon" with no ETA
(it's been this way for a couple of years now, actually).  Can we revisit
this during the 3.2 cycle?