[wp-hackers] Porting static content

Keith P. Graham kpgraham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:00:31 UTC 2011

I wrote a simple plugin called Instant-Content-plugin
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/instant-content-plugin to import
static files into posts. It uses text files, but you can play with the
code to get that the way you want, commenting out the code that
replaces crlf with br tags. I made it so it can import data from a zip
file of static pages, using the first line of each file as a title.

I've used this to import large amounts of static data into WP. Most
recently I have been using it to import pages from my older sites into
WP. I had several sites with hundreds of pages of content that just
grew over the years. Each page had a slightly different layout. I
loaded all the pages into Notebook++ and made global changes until I
got just bare content. I then zipped up the files and loaded them into
WP pages using the instant-content plugin.

Keith