[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

Mark E mark at simplercomputing.net
Fri Feb 18 05:17:12 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 10:10 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:

> We aren't going to change anything because we don't want to.

Finally - a rational explanation. Thanks for that Andrew.

> We had this discussion, in numerous public forums, months ago, and at that
> point, reached a decision then. Beyond that, we're just beating a dead horse
> here.

Obviously.

If anything of value could be gleaned from this thread, one such nugget
might be that once in a while it'd be very helpful for devs to post a
simple short ping here about version releases and the need to take part
in dev chats if one wants to. Thing is, a lot of people get super busy
and loose track of dev cycles since they aren't involved in writing core
code or patches, and a lot of people show up here who aren't aware that
such other lists and IRC events exist.

Mark