[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

William P. Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:46:18 UTC 2011

As someone who isn't close to Automattic but a fairly large user of WP, I can say I honestly haven't been shocked by any of the new features. I wouldn't say WP is being built to Automattic's needs - wp.com has had the bar for a while, and in fact I know wp.com goes far above and beyond the standard wp install. If you're a WP consultant, you do need to follow trac and test all of prereleases - that's you're responsibility. If you don't like a feature, bring it up in alpha, not in RC5. If you don't complain before feature freeze because you don't test before feature freeze that's not exactly the core team's problem.

PS would like to reiterate that, while much of the core team works for Automattic, not all of them do. If you really set your mind to it, I'm sure you too could become part of the inner circle.