[wp-hackers] SoC 2011 project idea

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Feb 6 04:19:41 UTC 2011

As a general comment to all potential applicants: The ideas presented on
the wiki are just that, ideas. If there is something in WordPress which
you feel you can enhance, or a functionality which could be added, which
is of significant size that it'd be ideal for a project, -Do not hesitate
to write a proposal on it- All decent proposals from people who appear to
be good candidates will be looked at closely, and if they can make a
compelling case, there -will- be someone who will mentor the project.

But remember, SoC 2011 has just been announced, WordPress has not even
submitted an application yet. Little thought has been put into potential
projects by developers yet (All focus is on 3.1).

Please also look at last years projects as well as the ideas page, a
number of them (including Move WordPress) were attempted.