[wp-hackers] Private theme updates from SVN

Matt Slocum mattslocum at sharefaith.com
Thu Dec 22 21:08:48 UTC 2011

I wrote my own theme updater once. I made a class that extends off of the
Theme_Upgrader class, and another class that extends off the
Theme_Installer_Skin class. In the Theme_Upgrader class I overrided the
upgrade function and put my own modified version of it, but I didn't change
much.

Then you just need another function or two that you hook onto an admin hook
that will run a remote_post to your private repository (every hour or
something). Parse the request and pass it to your upgrader class in the
same style as the Theme_Upgrader normally uses and let WP do the rest of
the work.

Sorry if that was a little vague,
Matt