[wp-hackers] Private theme updates from SVN

David Law wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 15:00:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:39:24 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks for all the suggestions about alternative Source Control and using Beanstalk for SVN (we actually do that already)
>
>I am more looking for a pull based solution, where the WP install itself uses the built in theme update mechanism to get the update.
>
>This link:  http://w-shadow.com/blog/2011/06/02/automatic-updates-for-commercial-themes/ from otto looks like the best starting point.

I use the above successfully with a premium theme I develop (Stallion
SEO theme) with thousands of users with no problems reported so far,
had two updates since adding it to Stallion so a lot of websites
updated that way.

Hooks into the WordPress updates and looks/acts like a WordPress
repository update to your theme users.

Can take a little while for the updates to show up in your Dashboard
so don't jump to the conclusion it failed if it doesn't show an update
the moment you add the code.

David
--
http://www.stallion-theme.com/ Stallion WordPress SEO Theme