[wp-hackers] WordPress multisite, Domain mapping and SSL

James Tryon james at easilyamusedinc.com
Tue Aug 30 20:18:26 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

Small problem and I can't get the server to load the correct certs per domain.

Current sert up

WordPress Multisite set up with sub directories.

With 3 sites set up under it.

main site -http://www.eckerd.org/
sub site - http://www.eckerdacademy.org/
sub site - http://www.eckerdcbc.org/

Then we have http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/ set up to map the other domains to the main site and sub sites.

The SSL works just fine on the main site.
When you try to go to a sub site (https)
It loads the main sites Cert.

We have 3 different ssl certs set up with the 3 main domains.

How would we get the server to load the correct cert per site?

People have said if you use different IP's it can be done, But that's really all they say - No real Direction or more info then that ; c (

Thank you for your time,
James Tryon, Creative Director

Easily Amused, Inc.
http://easilyamusedinc.com
P: (407) 278-5498 C: (407) 733-6473 T: easilyamused