[wp-hackers] MySQL database issue

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Tue Aug 30 14:01:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Mike Little <wordpress at zed1.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:16, Ian Douglas <ian at powerfoundation.org>
> wrote:
>
> > As detailed in other threads, I've been facing a string of problems with
> > website. Now it seems there is database corruption. We get the following
> > error numerous times:
> >
> > --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql
> > --log-error=/var/lib/mysql/server.oursite.com.err
> >  --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/server.oursite.com.pid
> >
> > 1. Does anyone know what this error is?
> > 2. Is there an easy fix, or do people have recommendations as to how to
> fix
> > this?
> > 2. If not, is there anyone out there capable of repairing this MySQL
> > database error manually?
> >

> Ian,
>
> That's not an error message, it's (part of) the command line used to start
> the mysql daemon. That fact that you don't know that, and that you assume

The fact that there are "numerous" suggests mysql is crashing and
restarting. What distro are we talking? Look for error logs, including the
one referenced in the start up string. Some distros might throw mysql errors
into syslog (I think Ubuntu does that). Syslog might have a wealth of
information.

You probably need somebody with decent Linux sysadmin skills to check the
entire server set up.

--
Hal